1300 667 507

How do I get a Landlord Select quote? How do I buy?

Couldn’t be easier. Click on a ‘Get a Quote’ panel, answer a few questions, get the quote instantly. If happy with the price, click ‘buy’. Follow the prompts. All done – we’ve got you covered.

Can I insure under Landlord Select if I manage my own property?

No, with this policy a licensed Real Estate Agent or Property Manager must manage your property. If you change property managers you must notify us. If you manage your property yourself, please contact our office for alternate cover.

What happens if I sell the property or move in myself?

If you sell the property or move in yourself you will be given a full pro-rata refund on the unused premium. Our KPI for refunds is if advice is received by 1200hrs the payment will be processed that day. If received after 1200hrs it may be delayed to the next day.

Does my policy cover flood?

Flood cover is available under Landlord Select. You may opt in or out of the cover depending on your needs.  Check your schedule to confirm if cover is included.  If you are unsure please contact us on 1300 667 507.

Must my tenants sign a lease?

Yes, your tenants must have signed a lease for at least three months at the outset of their tenancy. If that initial lease has expired and your tenants continue to rent the cover continues.

Do I have to pay any excess when I make a claim?

Yes, all claims other than ‘rent’ related claims attract a $250 excess. If there are multiple claims from the same incident the excess is limited to $250. For rent claims the bond or any unused portion of the bond will be applied first and the claim is then commenced.

Who are the insurers?

Landlord Select Insurance is underwritten and issued by Acerta, a division of Guild Insurance Limited ABN 55 004 538 863, AFS Licence No 233791, one of Australia’s most respected insurers.

What does Landlord Insurance cover?

Landlord Select is a Full Accidental Damage Policy Wording, providing Rent Default rental payments cover for up to 18 weeks with a Nil excess. Cover for Malicious Damage by Tenants and Standard Contents cover of $60,000 is included. More

What does combined Landlord & Building Insurance cover?

If this option is purchased you are covered for accidental loss or damage caused by sudden and/or unforeseen event, to your building up to the sum insured shown on your policy schedule.

You get all the benefits of Landlord Insurance plus Building Insurance cover. This protects your investment against loss of rent if your property is uninhabitable due to damage from any sudden and/or unforseen event. The policy will pay your lost rent for up to 52 weeks. Malicious damage by tenants is not a worry either because you are fully covered. Your building will be reinstated after damage or fully rebuilt on the current site or another location if it is a total loss. More

How do I make a claim?

For prompt response, claims can be lodged with QSure directly from the QSure smartphone app. The app is a free download from iTunes (iOS) and Google Play (Android) app stores. Alternatively, you can download the Claim Form or contact our office by email or telephone.